IEEE 1394b or Firewire 800 cables are perfect for connecting your new Firewire 1394b devices to your legacy 1394a ports. 1394b is the new standard for transporting and networking multiple types of digital data between users and systems. But this doesn’t mean you can’t use your legacy devices or ports. These cables are backwards compatible ensuring continued use of your Digital Video (DV) camcorders, scanners, printers, videoconferencing cameras, and fixed-disk drives. With Windows Me® or Apple's FireWire Target Disk Mode you can also use an IEEE-1394b cable to connect two computers together to allow for file sharing.
Firewire 800 IEEE-1394b cables provide you with the quality you need to achieve high-speed performance you expect from your IEEE-1394b devices. These cables are designed to be 100% compatible with Apple Firewire®, Sony iLink®, and all other IEEE-1394b peripherals. Twisted pair cabling and shielded construction ensures these IEEE-1394b cables meet or exceed current IEEE-1394b standards.Features:
- Connectors: 9-pin Male to 4-pin Male
- Data Transfer Speeds: 400 Mbps
- Backward Compatible: Connects Firewire 800 devices to legacy 1394a ports
- Supports Plug-and-Play operation
- Hot Pluggable
- Molded strain relief ensures years of trouble-free data transmissions
- IEEE Standard 1394b compliant
- Application: Video presentation and editing, desktop and commercial publishing, document imaging, home multimedia, personal computing
- Designed for: Digital camcorders, scanners, printers, storage devices and other Firewire devices
- Compatibility: PC, Mac, Sun and other IEEE-1394 equipped computers
FireWire® and the FireWire symbol are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The FireWire logo is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. This product is not manufactured or endorsed by Apple Computer, Inc.