IEEE 1394b or Firewire 800 provides transfer speeds up to a blazing 800Mbps! This is twice the speed of the original 1394 standard.
1394b is a must-have for transporting and networking multiple types of digital data between users and systems. Digital Video (DV) camcorders, scanners, printers, videoconferencing cameras, and fixed-disk drives can all share a common bus connection not only to a PC, but to each other as well. With Windows Me® or Apple's FireWire Target Disk Mode you can use an IEEE-1394b cable to connect two computers together to allow for file sharing.
IEEE-1394b cables provide you with the quality you need to achieve high-speed performance you expect from your IEEE-1394b devices. These cables are designed to be 100% compatible with Apple Firewire®, Sony iLink®, and all other IEEE-1394b peripherals. Twisted pair cabling and shielded construction ensures these IEEE-1394b cables meet or exceed current IEEE-1394b standards.Features:
- Connectors: 9-pin Male to 9-pin Male
- Data Transfer Speeds: 800 Mbps
- Pure Beta Mode: Connects Firewire 800 devices to Firewire 800 ports
- Supports Plug-and-Play operation
- Hot Pluggable
- Molded strain relief ensures years of trouble-free data transmissions
- IEEE Standard 1394b compliant
- Application: Video presentation and editing, desktop and commercial publishing, document imaging, home multimedia, personal computing
- Designed for: Digital camcorders, scanners, printers, storage devices and other Firewire devices
- Compatibility: PC, Mac, Sun and other IEEE-1394b equipped computers
FireWire® and the FireWire symbol are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The FireWire logo is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. This product is not manufactured or endorsed by Apple Computer, Inc.